View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recent injury in CRPS limb

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to address a foot injury that is also affected by CRPS. 2 days ago, my lovely dog Maximus accidentally crushed my left foot (and dog his nails into it at the same time and my dog is 100lbs and I'm only 115lbs) while I was holding him by the collar and answering my front door. Ofcourse at the time of the incident, I was barefoot. I also have CRPS in the foot but unfortantly the site of the injury is in the better of the two feet.
The pain is out of control but it does not look broken (barely any swelling with a bruise). I don't have insurance right now so I don't want to go to urgent care because it appears to not be fractured and as for any advice they may have due to the injury being in a CRPS limb will be none since none of the Dr's there are familar with this disease. I just don't know what I should do... Should I try to stay off of it completely to assist in healing? A bruise on my legs literally takes months to heal so I'm sure this isn't going to get better over night. Should I go to the dr just in case it's fractured for preventive measures. I have been lucky in not injuring my CRPS limbs in the last 4 years so this issue has me at a lost. Please any advice would be appreciated as last night I got about an hour of sleep because the pain kept me awake all night. I have been using pain cream but it's so short term with it being effective and my pain med regieme is not touching the pain. I can handle the extra pain if it will be short-term but I will be at my breaking point if it stays like this forever. Thank you for your help.
Sarah

Last edited by Swatgen27; 03-15-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Acciedently wrote non-CRPS limb when the injury is in a CRPS limb
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote