View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Alice, I buy only "free and clear" laundry detergent, because one of my kids breaks out in scary hives in reaction to some perfumes.

So: gluten-free. What's the healthiest mix I can buy for my bread machine? I don't care how it tastes. This is just for me and not the kids, so it doesn't matter. Bring it on! Lumpty, gritty, dry, crumbly, bitter after-taste from fava beans--whatever, as long as it's nutritious (in other words, can I do better than white rice and potato starch?).

I am going to try this because I'm an itchy, allergic person (nose, eyes, throat, ears) who's also prone to migraines, and because I know that MGers are prone to gluten intolerance. I also have Graves' disease. I'm just that type. Also, the Imuran, to my surprise, makes me not hungry, so it will be easier to resist stuff. Plus, it's Lent!

Abby
I think it is definitely worth trying. Although I think that people that have gluten sensitivity actually feel unwell after they eat bread, and this is why they suspect it to be the cause of their problems (just like I noticed that horrible perfume right away), but maybe I am wrong about that.

I have noticed long ago that some foods or combinations make me feel much less good, and have pretty much arranged my diet around that, without any scientific reasoning. I have made major changes in my diet and eating habits since I became ill, but maybe this can be further improved.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote