View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh yes I get that. I had just gotten into the best and really only choice for me for a chronic health issue therapist in my city. My old pastor said he was great and that was go for me. It was spring 09. When the heat of summer was on I had trouble with getting that hot, no AC in that car, getting there. With my symtoms worse by end of summer I had missed appointment from that I really had to stop or risk a flare from pushing. The next spring I was better from winter and on the POTS regime and more mestinon so I was gonna go back. I tried to catch up on all the dental work I am behind on and did my cataract and bam. The big flare in March hit. No more driving.

I so know it would be better to see him. Cant get to him. But lucky me I have a friend who is a therapist and my old part time therapist from years ago takes my calls as she knows what hard hard place this is.

One day I hope I am stable enough to see him again.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
So frustrating, but you're making wonderful progress--finally! Here's hoping the new agency is different like night and day. It is so discouraging that the help you are supposed to be getting takes so much of your rare and precious energy to manage--like a Catch-22.

I am going to see a psychologist on Friday, for help in managing these big life-changes. The irony is that the reason I'm going is that I'm doing so well. When I was doing worse, I wasn't up to getting myself the help I needed. So, I can really only get help when I don't need help. But I'm going anyway. Maybe I'll learn something I can use when I really do need it.

Abby
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote