View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
So I guess it's just sit and wait in pain while my symptoms all keep getting worse. It's very scary but the neurologist really seems very convinced that there is nothing left to do except follow up with the rheumatologist and wait until April 1st to see what the neurologist at Northwestern says/does. It's very frustrating that there's no way to speed up this process. I guess I just get to sit at home in pain and hope these symptoms don't kill me in the mean time or cause any permanent damage.
Forgive me for butting in - with absolutely no medical training of my own - but I see no reason to have any confidence in your neurologist: NO ONE should leave a patient with unexplained and severe neurological symptoms walking around with an untreated infection for four months!!! Keeping the fever in check with Tylenol - ignoring the risks of that medication - may just be suppressing the body's immune response to an infection that could be causing you harm on its own. During your chat, just what did the good doctor have to say about the wisdom of you walking around with an undiagnosed infection for FOUR MONTHS? And what about a simple blood blood test (the metabolic panel) to check your liver functions? (Just because they would have to be repeated - at minimal cost - in three weeks, doesn't mean that you shouldn't be advised of the status of your liver functioning sooner rather than later, where you've been on a heady dose of Tylenol for what's really quite a long time.)

I don't know what kind of a hold the neurologist has over your other docs, but what happened to putting in an urgent call to your new PM doc? Ditto the rheumatologist?

Northwestern can't have the only competent neurology facilities in Chicago. (All I can think of is that your doctor(s) is/are committed to a series undisclosed professional referral relationships.) Forgive me if I don't come across as a source of calm emotional support, but I find your medical care deeply troubling. You deserve better.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote