View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile TBI/Divorce

I am a rookie so please bear with me. I suffered a TBI in 12/06. We had a picture perfect American Dream type family. Along with a TBI comes personality changes. The seperation/divorce rate among survivors during the two year after math of a TBI is way above the national average. My x wife gave 110% of her love, time, support and effort. I wish the TBI and divorce never happened. I want to help others facing this potential problem. I will be glad to share my stories, and because I wish the seperation/divorce never happened it is rare for me to critisize my x wife.
(p.s. we have two sons, now ages 15 + 16)
Change the things I can change? Accept the things I cannot change? Wisdom to know the difference? Well,,,,,,,,,, I certainly am working on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The spousal relationship between a brain injured spouse and healthy care giving spouse is unique and has different needs than a parent-child relationship.

I am starting this thread in hope that spouses, especially wives, find a way to connect and support each other.

I will try to avoid the compulsion to comment and in so doing leave this thread to the wives. I hope others will do the same.

I will even try to get my wife to check in occasionally. She is a wonderful caring and understanding person.

Hopefully, we can start a good community of spouses helping each other. It will be best if this thread stays in a support and caring format so the others, like me, etc. will not interrupt with our comments.

So, ladies and the few husbands in this situation, reach out at touch someone.

My best to you all.
Jeff Johnson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote