View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 11:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Narelle, I totally understand where you're coming from. I had a mild stroke about 6 years ago and an aneurysm was found. They would have never found the aneurysm if I hadn't had the stroke. It was small, about 3 mm, and he just wanted to watch it for awhile. I've been going for routine angiograms ever since. About a year ago after this test, my doctor informed me it was time to do something about it.

I would push for the surgery as soon as possible so you don't have to wait and worry any longer than necessary. That is definitely the hardest part. I had mine clipped and let me tell you, it was not NEARLY as bad as I was afraid it would be. I had a heck of a headache, but they managed that well with medications. Fatigue was a big issue, but I have other things going on as well (figromyalgia and possible MS).

I hope they can take care of ths ASAP cause I know how worrisome it can be. In the meantime, I would take it easy and try to find something to occupy your mind. Do you like to read? That always helps me.

I know how scary it can be. I've since developed two more small aneurysms that they're watching, so I may go through it again. I guess it's genetics? Although I know of nobody in my family that had this problem. Please try not to worry; I know I have a lot of confidence in my surgeon and that helps me alot.

Let us know how you're doing and I'll be thinking of you.
brainfreeze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nellybelly (03-22-2011)