View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Has anyone tried Botox for migraines?

I have had horrible headaches since my concussion 13 months ago. Sometimes they would go on for days.

The doctors have tried numerous things, but I am very sensitive to the medicines that prevent headaches.

My neurologist tried me on six different medicines (anti-depressants, beta blockers and anti-seizure medicines). We always started with the smallest dose possible, and I still cut the pill in half. But all of them wound up making me nauseous.

So I have tried Co-Q 10 (for which there is some research as well). Two days after I started using it I woke up in the middle of the night with my room spinning. It could have been a coincidence, but when I looked up side effects of CoQ10, it did include dizziness.

I am trying vitamin B-2 right now, and it seems to help a little, but I still get the headaches. I know that maybe I haven't tried it long enough.

In case anyone is interested, the research was done using 400 mg. of B-2 a day. I do not take that much, and I find it still helps. Also, I was told never to take a B vitamin by itself, or you can unbalance the rest of the B's, so I take a liquid B-complex as well.

Because this has been going on for so long, my doctor suggested Botox injections, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience - good or bad - using Botox....

Thanks for sharing any information that you do have.

ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote