View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

In reality, to be 30 and have some of those dx wouldn't be "rare." Graves disease hits people of all ages. In my SIL's family 3 of them were diagnosed with it in their 20s. Degenerative disc/joint disease can happen in young people - I was dx with a mild case when I was in my 30s. We have a friend that is only 23 and has a severe case of DDD and DJD. DDD can cause neurogenic bladder issues as well as bowel issues.

MS is solely based on clinical observation and a few tests. Some neuros, like the one that dx me, did not go by the MRI alone as lesions can be caused by many other things including viruses and migraines. At that time, I did not have any clinical symptoms of MS and didn't for a couple of years.

Bi-polar can be a little subjective. It all depends on the psychiatrist. A good neuropsychiatrist would be helpful as they have a better understanding of the neurological component and effects on behavior. But the way the drs have been treating you and all you have going on, I'd be a little bi-polar too. j/k

But, I would question the Schuermann's Disease since he could not see a curve on the X-ray. DDD can cause Schuermann's but if the curve isn't there . . .well . . .

I think for you, finding a good PCP who will be the gatekeeper of what is going on with you is going to be the most helpful. Find a PCP who doesn't sugar coat things, really takes a look at the whole picture, and will fight for you.

Hang in there! And let us know how you are doing.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
azoyizes (03-19-2011), dmplaura (03-16-2011), Lady (03-17-2011), legzzalot (03-16-2011), SallyC (03-16-2011)