View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did call the PM and the rheumatologist and they sent their recommendations and my primary care doc called the neurologist and spoke to him...but the neurologist just said that this is how long it's going to take. I don't know anything about bloodwork...but the neurologist said that the stuff the rheumatologist ran didn't show anything to indicate that the tylenol was having a bad effect on me. And he said he really doesn't think that I have an infection...that it is normal to have the low grade fevers with the tylenol...

The neurologist said that I wouldn't be able to get into Loyola, Rush, or Mayo any faster and he knows this because they've been trying to send other patients to those places and it's taking longer. So that's apparently all there is to that...

I don't mind your bluntness...it only reflects the way I feel inside and the way my family and friends feel. But if the neurologist really thinks this is the right path then I have to trust my doctor. I told him all the things you are telling me so that there was nothing missed (and I was pretty forceful for me) but he really has me convinced that this is the right path...even if I don't like it.

When I see the rheumatologist next week I will see how she reacts and what she thinks. My PC doc seems to think that this is the right path and that waiting 3 weeks is normal. I know I am not the only one with problems and I have to wait my turn...but I really want things to move FASTER. I may not be getting the care I want or think I deserve...but it may be the best I can get at this point...
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-16-2011)