View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Shelly,

Has your doctor checked you B-12 and folate blood levels? How is your blood pressure? Especially when you have a migraine.

In my experience, B vitamins have a long start up time. Two to four weeks to get max effect. There are many cascading biochemical effects that need to get rebalanced.

If you check my B vitamin post from some time back, it is based on the input of a few good doctors over the years. I add 100 mgs B-6 and 300 mcgs of B-12 to a B-100 complex. This works for my 175 pound body. The other anti-oxidants are also needed as is D3 and Omega-3's.

Trying to treat just the migraines is short sighted. Try to help the whole brain.

Have you had any chiro or PT work done on your upper neck? The neck muscles that connect to the skull behind the ears are often injured and in spasm. They can be a big cause of head aches. They are often the target of the Botox. TMJ can also contribute. Botox can be used to weaken the jaw muscles to lower that tension.

My heart goes out to you. I have a friend who has struggled with debilitating head aches for 20 years from a head injury.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote