View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Cassie. How long have you had MG? Is there hope it will settle down after a while and at least be more predictable? What always gets me is that when I get a new symptom, I never know if it's going to be some mild once-in-a-while thing, or the new theme of my life. Curses on a disease that gives you such uncertainty while sapping you of energy you need to deal with it!

I'm going to see a psychologist on Friday. There's got to be some tips for dealing with this kind of chronic illness. It's not easy to get out! I'm taking advantage of an IVIG window to do it.

I also highly recommend journaling! If you write down certain factors every day, and how bad your symptoms were (and which symptoms you have, and when), you may be surprised by what patterns emerge. I thought I was noticing everything, but I wasn't! Here are some of the factors people have suggested noting:

activities; food; sleep; stress; weather (including rain and outside/inside temperatures); hormones (for women who have cycles); chemical exposure; and "other" for anything else you can think of.

Hang in there,

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote