View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I really was trying not to be the kind of person who gives advice when someone's obviously just venting... Sometimes I can't help myself.

Congratulations on getting a diagnosis! I don't know about you, but I was so relieved to finally be diagnosed, even with a rotten disease. I was terrified that I'd be dismissed as a psychosomatic case if they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I was even a little afraid that I was a psychosomatic case.

One thing that I find difficult about the up-and-down nature of MG is that it makes it hard for people to understand. For example, I would like a handicapped certificate for my car, but I'm sure if I get one I'll get dirty looks. On a day I really can't walk, I'm not going to be out shopping. On a day I can, I need to park close so as not to wear myself out--but getting out of the car, I may walk completely normally.

If you feel like talking about it, I would like to hear your story. What were your first symptoms? How did you finally get a diagnosis?

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pinkyt177 (03-17-2011)