Thread: Getting Help
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I turned to 2 doctors. My therapist first...and my family doctor next. But, I've had this doctor for years and years and he knows me well and my reactions to medications. He knows my struggle with depression very well. And his primary interest (in addition to the obvious other medical needs) is people coping with such things as depression, anxiety, bipolar, and all of those. So in my particular case, my doctor is a good person.

But even as important as him is my therapist. A very kind woman with a lot to say...helping me stay on even keel.

Those 2 in conjunction have 'saved' me more than once.

I wonder if this is an inappropriate thread to bring this up again? But, I want to reiterate what my therapist told me is a validated statistic (because she reminded me again at my last visit). When one commits suicide, the loved ones left behind are 30% more likely to take their own lives at some point in the future as well. So, if you're thinking about 'it', don't forget about those you will leave behind. You can see the devastation suicide leaves in its wake...right here in this forum. Seek help.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (03-16-2011), Alffe (03-16-2011), barbo (03-16-2011), Blessings2You (03-25-2011), DMACK (03-28-2011), Mark56 (01-28-2014)