View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
Hi Narelle, I totally understand where you're coming from. I had a mild stroke about 6 years ago and an aneurysm was found. They would have never found the aneurysm if I hadn't had the stroke. It was small, about 3 mm, and he just wanted to watch it for awhile. I've been going for routine angiograms ever since. About a year ago after this test, my doctor informed me it was time to do something about it.

I would push for the surgery as soon as possible so you don't have to wait and worry any longer than necessary. That is definitely the hardest part. I had mine clipped and let me tell you, it was not NEARLY as bad as I was afraid it would be. I had a heck of a headache, but they managed that well with medications. Fatigue was a big issue, but I have other things going on as well (figromyalgia and possible MS).

I hope they can take care of ths ASAP cause I know how worrisome it can be. In the meantime, I would take it easy and try to find something to occupy your mind. Do you like to read? That always helps me.

I know how scary it can be. I've since developed two more small aneurysms that they're watching, so I may go through it again. I guess it's genetics? Although I know of nobody in my family that had this problem. Please try not to worry; I know I have a lot of confidence in my surgeon and that helps me alot.

Let us know how you're doing and I'll be thinking of you.
hi , thanks for your reply, my Neurosurgeons receptionist rang yesterday and I should be seeing the Neuroradiologist next week. I saw my GP yesterday as I am stressed big time over it. he has refered me to a Pshycologist.
I am hoping I have input into what type of surgery I can have, as my neurosurgeon said in his opinion the aneurysm looks like a good candidate for either clipping or coiling, he did say to me that if it was coiled I had a chance of needing a 2nd operation later, so if this is the case I'd much prefer the clipping.
I am getting stuck into jigsaw puzzles, that works for a little bit.
I feel for you going through all that and then to find more, omg i would be on edge, you seem to be a very brave person, good luck with it all.
I will let you know when I get my surgery date, and how I progress.
Thanks again.
nellybelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote