View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I've had to learn acceptance that my body is going to sh#$ and there's not a darn thing I can do about it. I've had to accept that I'm clinically depressed and there's nothing i can do about that either! Sometimes life gives you crap! But you don't have to say "why me?" I say "why NOT ME."

Why should it be anyone else? Do i wish it on a young mother who is trying to raise her kids? heck no! Do i wish it on a young man trying to support his family? Heck no! I was YOUNG when this body started falling apart -- so what? At least I can still walk - sort of. lol

I had cancer -- so what?

I had a heart attack -- so what??

This crap doesn't mean a darn thing compared to what some people are going thru. have you ever seen a young child dying of cancer? Well I have because my SON had cancer when he was 7 years old. Most of the kids at Motts Childrens Hospital in Ann Arbor Michigan died when my son was there. They were all in experimental programs because they knew nothing about childhood cancer back then -- in 1977.

So if you want to feel sorry for yourself go ahead. But at the same time, think of dying kids and the strength they have -- they tell their parents not to cry when they're saying goodbye!
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes