View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiannonsMoon View Post
Hi Everyone,

I havent been here in a while. Had all sorts of upheavals & diagnoses with major depressive disorder, agoraphobia, panic & generalised anxiety disorder.

My meds have been changing to hopefully treat & control those things, but I'm having a real problem with what I think may be epilepsy related symptoms, but not sure.

Any insight, advice and input is gratefully received.

I am hearing music in my left ear. Classical, opera, gregorian chant type stuff. When I was re-diagnosed with E I was given an auditory test and was told I have 30% loss of hearing on my right side.

This coupled with tinitus is driving me mad. I also speak different languages in my mind, and I can understand what I am saying. This is freaky. French, German, Italian, Greek and Gaelic. Only a few words at any given time, but it interlopes into my thoughts several times a day without warning.

Before I go to the GP to get referred to a new Neuro, I would appreciate reading about anyones experiences in this or a similar vein. If I can tell her "Hey others have had this", then it seems much less freaky.

I recently had my meds changed to Cymbalta (this was starting to happen before that though), and I was wondering if there could be something in Cymbalta that is interfering with my epilepsy meds?

I've also got a low grade permanent headache, not sure whether that is the cymbalta or the epilepsy either.

Will be grateful for all replies,

Thanks,
Rhiannon
All us T.L.E need to pay more attention to the spiritual aspects of the illness/gift. Speaking in differant languages may only be you receiving spirits that dont speak English. I've seen this before when someone I met was speaking Aramaic or some such ancient language. Did you ever consider that your name came from Rhiana the godess of horses? Do you have a thing about horses by any chance? The Dove, Alan Donald Kennedy
the dove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote