View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Sony

Hello to NY. If you are going to try for SSD. do look at the site on this opening page for discussion of social security. There is a thread with alot of us with SSD issues. The dive into getting your dissability will require you to do alot. You said you had two doctors that gave their opinion. You need letters from them, to present at your hearing. Get even more doctors if you can. Social security will have their own doctors, and a psych give you evaluations also. This is part of the process. I had a legal aid with an attorney to help me get to court for a hearing. I was denied twice and I was ever so grateful by the time I got before a judge. Keep track of all paperwork and keep copies of your medical records. You will be asked for them. and some docctors are slow to send records. I even have copies of my MRI's etc.
I do sugest talking to legal mania on the SSD thread with questions. She was wonderful to me and offered some sound suggestions to my problems with these agencies you have to deal with. Having letters from your PCP and all your doctors are just part of it. A legal rep. would help you too. Two quick sessions with your doctors would not be enough I think to present for dissabiltiy. Most doctors who believe you need the dissability will help you too receive it by writing the letters to your case worker. It can be a long process, so take it just a day at a time. If you get frustrated, just come back here and we will try to help too. Take it easy. it will work out. Ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote