View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Sonny1, my wife has RSD and was recently approved for SSDI last November. SS did send her to a doctor that lasted about 20 minutes. In our experience the doctor was very sympathetic and professional. He did write a report favorable to my wife's condition. She won her case.

You are correct Sonny1 in that how can a stranger evaluate your condition, especially RSD, in 10 minutes? My belief is SS wants to do a "looks see" to make sure no scam or a possibility of one is afoot before you join with the SS judge.
Well I guess maybe once the doctor saw all of the scars on my hands from the 10 surgeries, maybe he believed me. he had me make a fist (which is hard when neither thumb bends, due to metal screws fusing them 100%), he asked where the burning was, had me lift my arms as high as i could and that was it. The shrink asked me 10 questions that i already answered in the application for SSD. So, yes, maybe it was just to see me and what my demeanor was. Well being on so many med's, I am usually like a zombie any ways!! Glad your wife did not have trouble getting approved!
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote