View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your responses. They did help. When you are feeling pain like i was/am it is nice to know there are people out there you can reach out too.

My pain was continuing to get worse this morning. My doctor was tied up with a patient at the hospital and was unable to call me back right away. When I explained to her receptionist that every time i moved wrong or stood up too quickly that I would get a stabbing pain in my right temple that would shoot through my shoulder, down my arm and back and made me pass out (dizzy) or throw up, she told me to go to the Emergency room at my local hospital.

Well needless to say, just like I thought, they were unable to do anything for me. But they did treat me with a lot of respect and were very caring. The ER doctor was very honest with me and told me that he felt it was a reaction from the physio therapy but because I have been diagnosed with a chronic pain disorder there was really not much they could do. Starting to wonder if this is going to be the reaction of other doctors out there from now on.

In the meantime my husband had called My doctor and she was finally able to call back. She has upped my dosage of pain medications for a few days and added gravol to the list. It seems to be helping as I have not thrown up now for about 4 hours. I also was able to get a little sleep when I returned from the ER. Shoulder is still very swollen and bruised and pain is still bad. But I am able to tolerate it a little better now that i am not throwing up every time a stabbing pain comes.

My doctor has told me NOT to return to that physio place and we will get together on Thursday (I had my weekly 2 week appointment set up already for then with her). So, I guess I will find out Thursday what the new game plan will be. I have no problem going to physio therapy what so ever...but all I know is I really do not want to go back there!

Jo*mar thank you for your response. I have found that I seem to have delayed pain a number of times. If I do something for too long I tend to pay for it later on...has been that way since my injury. Don't get me wrong I feel pain during the task but it just seems to continue to get worse a few hours later. Not sure if this is normal for RSD or if there is in fact something else going on along with RSD. I am still waiting to hear my MRI results and EMG/NCV results which I think I will find out on Thursday as well.

Thank you again all, will keep you posted if there are any changes.
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-17-2011)