View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Karen,
I am so sorry you have to go through a horrible PT experience and then nothing they could do at the ER. Unfortunately, I have had the same experiences as you and they stink. Most times in the ER they think us rsd patients are just "seeking drugs." I hear it from most people and have experienced it too. I agree with your doctor NOT to go back. I had PT in 2005 and they started very slowly and after a few weeks tried to get me to do some things that were too much for me to do and I almost passed out doing the exercise! After that...they did not push me as they did not want me to pass out and hurt myself. After 6 weeks of PT, I got worse with each week, and by the 7th week was curled up in a fetal position in agony and my kidneys were shutting down. It was a mess and when I called them to tell them I could not even get out of bed they didn't believe me and told me to "Take a picture of myself in bed so I could show WC." I could not believe it. I told them to come over to my house and they could see it firsthand. I spent the next month in the hospital four times with uncontrollable pain. I found out later that when you have PT at places (I know PA is like this) that you must have a licensed doctor there at all times. They had no one there like that...only a PT that had been doing it for 20 years. It was a bad experience. I did get PT at my home and that person was great with me and never forced me to go on as he knew my pain. There is a fine line between what you can do and what you want to do and you cannot go past it or else your body will go crazy with pain.

Stick with what your doc says. She sounds like she is on your side and will make sure you get the right treatment. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Just not having to go back to that place will put your mind at ease a bit for sure.
Take care,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cndangel (03-18-2011)