View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm thinking of getting this as well.

I've tried everything I can for the migraines, and still I get them every week, usually 4-5 days in a row. I have topomax, metaprolol, frova, and an injection for them. Also excedrin migraine. I'm useless completely when they hit, and they hit every week. The insurance company won't pay for them. I'm going to have the dr. resubmit to insurance since the fda has approved them for migraines. If not, i'll pay for them myself once i (hopefully) get my fully favorable ssd decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengboche View Post
I have done Botox for migraines/chronic headaches. After over a year and a half of them I finally did it.

I had done chiro, massage, physio, personal trainer, anti-seizure meds, advil, antidepressants (elavil) and more.

My neuro and another doctor suggested it (occipital neuralgia - which can be like migraines).

I had the injections in my forehead, skull and all down my neck on both sides. After about a week, I noticed the level of headache reducing. After about 6-8 weeks, I have noticed them coming back stronger, and more pain in my eye (nerve) from light/movement.

My neuro said it is cumulative so may need a few rounds. Chronic muscle spasm and tension, sitting upright (I have a rib/shoulder injury as well) and stress just make them worse.

I was really nervous to do this, and after I got used to not being able to really control my neck it hasn't been a big issue.
I am now looking forward to my next round as it is supposed to last longer.

Hope that helps.
stevesworldnyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote