Thread: Denied
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 View Post
Now you have something very valuable on your side--time. Everything seemed rush-rush before and thats why you were denied.Your attorney is going to say he needs more proof that he is unable to work. I know he has high b/p ,but how is his heart? Has he ever had an echo? If his heart ejection fraction is 30 percent or less its almost automatic disability. Does he have aches and pains everywhere? If so,get checked for arthritis. I just found out I have moderate carpal tunnel in both arms. Even though the blue book doesn't have a listing for carpal tunnel,you still can get disabled with it if you have a repetitive hand type job.
I was denied the first time around, and also at the first hearing. I don't know yet how the reconsideration hearing went, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. My attorney thinks it went well since the judge didn't ask the voc expert any questions and stopped the testimony early. But what I wanted to say to you is 2 things: first that there's probably a different judge the 2nd time around, and also that if they make you go to their dr, their dr is NOT on your side. He's got a full waiting room of people he's going to deny, because that is how he's making his money. You are allowed to videotape your visit there and use it later to show that not much was done at that visit (not much will be). Have someone come with you and video the entire visit. Also, if you are disabled, just keep at it and eventually at some level you should win your case. The important thing is to have medical records to back up your symptoms and testimony.
stevesworldnyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote