View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Aireyden,

What you are talking about is so familiar to me. It's why I can't do too much or go out much.

We went to dinner at a friends house, and everyone was around the dinner table having conversations, and the TV was also on. My head started to hurt, and, thankfully, my husband realized what was happening. He turned off the TV. Otherwise I would have had to leave. (I couldn't handle the TV along with the conversation.)

There just was too much going on for my brain to handle.

I also can't go shopping in big department stores. I have tried twice, and both times I had to leave after ten or fifteen minutes. I got dizzy, and I started to get a headache. I just had to leave as quickly as possible.

And it's not as though I hadn't planned where I was going in the store. I had come in with the object of buying one thing: a shirt, and I headed to the correct department. It just is not something I can do yet.

It is very frustrating and very limiting. I keep hoping it will get better.

The first time that I went food shopping I couldn't do it. Now, I can as long as I just focus on my list and get in and out quickly. (Of course, that is assuming that that is the only thing that I have to do that day, and I am not having a headache....)

I don't think that anyone who has not had this PCS would ever be able to understand what we are talking about.

ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (03-18-2011)