Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post

What !?

I think they taste starchy, & bitter and dislike them. Even with salt and margarine/butter on them. My wife keeps buying them and can only get me to eat them if they are snuck into a stir-fry or soup, etc. Plain, & as a side dish- I'll pass, thank you. Just MHO.
Oh, I don't think they are bitter at all. You know some people low in zinc have different taste preferences. Taste is also genetic with some people testing aversive to many veggies. I think Edamames taste buttery and better than lima beans, and other things!
If anything for me they are kind of bland...sometimes I put a few drops of Italian dressing on them, but not alot.

I buy the frozen precooked ones at Costco. I just thaw them in hot water for 5 min and they are ready to go!

I wonder, Bob, if you hate other veggies like broccoli and brussel sprouts?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote