Thread: I am P***ED!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I felt sort of guilty when I first started "bad mouthing" the DMD's I took but not anymore. They were not helping me and the medical community couldn't even give me an answer if they would ever help me! It was a total crap shoot and they knew it! But they didn't have anything else to offer me (medicine wise) so they kept trying to scare me into using it.

Once I took charge of my own body and what I do (or don't) put into it I felt so much better. Physically and mentally.

I don't care how nice my Neuro is......or how many patients he has.......I am the only me that he's treating and I have to be my own advocate. In my situation I am the only person I have to speak up for myself and decide what I feel is best for me. I'm not trying to be selfish or self-centered but my own health is what I'm focusing on when I speak with my Neuro. Not his paycheck or the success (or not) of the pharmaceutical industry. Lots of folks feel like they must do something....anything....to try and stop the progression of the disease. And while that is true....it doesn't have to be something that will produce it's own set of problems in the long run (like side effects from meds). It can be as simple as treating your body well and feeding it what it needs vs what it wants.

Everyone is different and will respond differently to various kinds of treatment. For me....I have found that less is more. Less meds and more holistic treatment. Better food and more vitamins/nutrients. Less processed things and less meds. It's working for me so I'm sticking with it. If my Neuro doesn't like it he can tell me to take a hike. I'll find another doctor. I'm in a partnership with my health care provider and he works for me.....not the other way around.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (03-18-2011), Blessings2You (03-19-2011), Debie (04-06-2011), Dejibo (03-18-2011), kicker (03-18-2011), Lady (03-26-2011), SallyC (03-18-2011)