View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
You really should be on some type of extended release pain med, you do have a chronic pain condition correct?? Short acting meds for a long term condition just seem logical to me.

I think an extended release pain medicine makes sense and then a short acting med for break thru pain.

I know on the TOS forum that is pretty much the most of the long timers have, and usually a sleep med and /or antidepressant added too.
I agree! I really think my doctors need to rethink my pain management. Right now it seems they are giving me the quick band-aid fix and not managing my pain for chronic (long term) pain.

I am on Cymbalta (anti depressant) but I have not felt any difference what so ever since starting it (about 10 weeks ago) My doctors still want to give it a bit longer to see if it is going to work. In the meantime though i find myself feeling more and more depressed and the pain not decreasing at all.

I hope everyone (the doctors) start getting their act together soon. I know injections have been mentioned a few times...but nobody has even mentioned when I might start getting them.

Maybe on Thursday I will have some more answers regarding pain management, physio, therapy and what ever else i can think of to ask before then.

Take care,
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote