View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAngel View Post
I'm 23 years old. I have not tried that, but I think I will. Thanks! If there are no lumps or anything, then is it normal? Thanks again!
Hi Angel,

Can you be more specific about the burning you feel? Is this a skin sensation of burning, and is it painful, or just feel 'hot'? and is it external, like labia, vulva, clitoral burning or more internal vaginal burning?

I won't get into specifics, but sometimes you can still get an STD without the same sexual activity that is normally considered to spread it, and without any specific sexual activity at all. For example, and though I don't think that this is your issue, you can catch crabs from a toilet seat, an infected bed, car seat, recliner, etc...and I've heard of herpes being caught from a toilet seat as well- though it is rare depending on how well the bathroom gets cleaned!
I once worked as a custodian at a college, and the whole wrestling team spread an awful skin fungus around, and then they whole girls basketball team caught the same thing because one player dated a wrestler, and then she spread it elsewhere on her own body, then shared her deodorant with another player, etc...weird but true.

My best guess for your particular situation would be related to hormonal changes, which could be the result of an ovarian cyst or any number of things. If you prefer to not see an ob/gyn right now, you could see a general or family practitioner and ask them to run some tests of your hormones- which basically means you collect your urine for 24 hrs and they test what is excreted in your urine. At your age, a significant fluctuation in hormone production can indicate kidney problems, or diabetes.

Good luck!~
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote