View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sonny,

My biggest tip would be reviewing your medical records yourself and seeing what they say. It is not enough for your doctors to say, "She is totally disabled and cannot work." The doctors have to explain WHY your condition makes you unable to work.

Look at your medical documentation and play devil's advocate with the information. For instance, and I don't mean to sound like a schmuck saying this and I have RSD myself so I understand what living with chronic pain is like......but, on what you have written here.....10 surgeries to one hand that now has limited range of motion.......why can't you get a job answering phones using your other hand ? That is the kind of question that your records have to address and answer. It's not just about 'what is wrong', it's about 'what impact that problem has on your ability to work'.

Does the increase in pain in your hand/arm after you shower and get dressed mean that you can't shower and dress many days ?

Does the loopy feeling from your meds and insomnia d/t pain mean that you can't drive most days ? Or if you could get to work and had a pain flare you couldn't get home ?

Does the pain get so bad you can't concentrate or have to lay down frequently ?

Basically, does the info in your medical records prove that you are unable to do something as simple as being a greeter at WallyWorld ?

Make sure the records focus on your functional limitations. Mine didn't until the end......and that's why I think it took 3 years for me to be approved.

Good luck

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sonny1 (03-18-2011)