View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, I almost feel like I wrote your post. I'm 19 and attending college as well (currently taking this semester off). I literally have the same exact symptoms as you and it's been an awful past few months since a relapse in December. I feel your frustration. It's tough, especially on those days where every minute of the day is a battle.

I understand exactly what you mean when you say it sucks that you appear fine to people who don't understand PCS. In reality we are not fine--far from it. Luckily I have people who care and although they can't relate, they at least make an effort to understand what I'm going through.. I hope you have found the same. You sure do find out who your friends are..

PCS can be an extremely hard thing to go, especially with college and all the stress involved. Just know that if you need someone you can relate to, I'm willing to talk. You should not have to silently suffer through all of this.

There are a few people on this forum that seem to know a good bit about PCS and will probably be able to answer your question better than me. From the posts I've read and from my experience, I would presume that getting knocked lightly can exacerbate the PCS symptoms again. I "relapsed" in December after running and working out again although I felt 100%. I use "relapse" for lack of a better word because it felt like I had received another concussion and I'm still recovering from it.

It's taken me soooooo long to write this post because I'm having so much trouble recalling words. Anyway, my best wishes to you. What always helps me is constantly putting things in perspective. I know that as much as this sucks, it has certainly made me a better person. I appreciate those few moments of happiness that I'm occasionally blessed with more than I would have been able to before.
Kelly50179 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote