View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 02:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Blessings,

Your post is about way more than just having to dispose of out of date pantry items. At least that is what struck me about your message. Then again, I may be taking it way deeper than it should be taken.

Here is what was brought to my attention causing me to think:
  • Yes, it is a waste of food and money.
  • It confirms the adage, "Use it or lose it!"
  • On the good side it shows optimism for the future by believing we are going to use them.
  • Then again, it shows our deficits in not ever getting around to it because of what we are dealing with on a daily basis.
  • Even worse, it accentuates the fact we simply "forget" we bought something, so we go out and buy is again, regardless of the fact 4 of them are in the pantry now.
  • We don't pay attention to what really "IS" in our pantry.
  • We don't connect the dots to cause us to clean out the pantry at least once a year.
  • Send me the Maraschino cherrys because I don't believe they can go bad if the jar is unopened.
  • This thread is a sad statement on what we deal with daily, but at least you didn't find any still fresh Twinkies.
Blessings, I believe this is something new people applying for SSDI should make a point to list on their application regarding the question, dealing with daily living tasks.

No matter how you look at this, at least I received several good points from the message. It reminds me, I need to ask my wife if we have any Maraschino cherrys.

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-19-2011), Dejibo (03-19-2011)