Old 03-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbycakes View Post
Hi Melody,

Is this a public type seminar meeting on neuropathy? If so I would greatly appreciate any information as I need to get educated on neuropathies. I have had RSD and PN for years but my doctors have always concertrated on the RSD and the injury I had and PN always takes a back seat. I'm at the point that the RSD is under control for the most part. I have been working PT for 2 years now, I am on disablity, but they allow a certain amount of dollars a month actually they advocate it. Anyway I am making it a priority this year to find out the last thing that is lingering from my injury. What I have found out is finding a doctor who in extremely knowledgable in this area and if they are do they want to try and fix it, I am not looking for treatments, pills I want a fix. Maybe I'm being ingnorant but I'm going to try and really put a big effort into it.

Anyway, again I would appreciate any information.

Gabbycakes
Hi there Gabbycakes:

Every month, on the 3rd Thursday of the month we all meet at the CBS building in NYC, in a big room with a big table. As a matter of fact I have a video up on youtube which will show you what a meeting looks like.

Here is one of the videos that I have up. You can link to my others. Just look for where it says PN Meeting. I have two others which actually show one of the people from the Neuropathy Association and what their goals are.

So go here first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WFkd7H4TQ

And you'll see me, and Glenn from Neurotalks and you'll see how we all get along and we have coffee and cake. It's a support group, not a seminar.

But we do have the occasional guest speaker or doctor come and speak to us. That's why we are all VERY interested in what this new guy will say when he comes next month. I shall report back here.

I know you are looking for a fix. We all are. The only helpful thing I can share with you is my experience with diabetic neuropathy. I have been taking 5000 of the Methyl B-12 for over 2 years now.

BEST THING I EVER DID.

Hope this helps.

melody
P.S. I don't know where you live but if you give me the location of your city, I can try and find you a support group as close to you as possible.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gabbycakes (03-21-2011)