Old 03-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciab View Post
Hi again,

I'm not surprised by your family's reaction to this. Good to hear that they're still functional ...

My family is in complete denial about the fact that I have a celiac gene (DQ2)and since they're my family they might too .. Several of them know that if they eat wheat, they'll get the runs, etc but chose to take medications instead.

I can't blame them really .. who wants to have an illness or go on a special diet ? Not me ..

I'm looking forward to hearing others experiences with this. If it turns out that I need to take a med I'm ok with it ... Actually, based on how good I feel today, this may help more than I thought ...

tc ... Marcia

Wow I guess denial hits a lot of people. They have been informed that you have the DQ2 gene and they don't want to be tested??

With all the gluten free products on the market, one does not have to have all those tummy aches all the time.

I don't have any of those problems thank goodness, but I know what I eat and where it comes from. I'm the type of person, if I see a plate of food that looks GREAT, tastes GREAT, smells GREAT, but..... If I even have a ghost of a chance that it might not agree with my body, I don't put it in my mouth.

I don't like getting heartburn, gas, tummy problems, the runs, constipation, etc. Life is too short to have to deal with all that nonsense.

I am very fortunate that I can eat all the greens I want, so I make bok choy every night. I saute it, I steam it, I make it all kinds of ways. I like various other greens. I like nice healthy salads, I grow my own sprouts. I eat grilled chicken, and I like my fish.

I have learned (and it took me a long time), not to eat anything processed or deep fried, or full of fat or oils.

I treat my body like the temple that it is. I'm a goddess and I treat my body like a goddess (have you stopped laughing yet???)

When I make my food I make sure there is plenty of colors on that dish. All bursting with good nutrition. So when it goes into my body, it does whatever it has to do, and the next day, it comes out the way it's supposed to come out. I drink plenty of water, and I don't do soda, no carbonation. Don't like the way I feel after drinking soda so I haven't had soda in over 5 years. Don't miss it.

I do however go to a particular website called truelemon.com

I purchase their Raspberry lemonade that has Stevia in it. This stuff is so good I haven't touched another beverage (other than plain old water) in over 2 years.

It's wonderful, refreshing and because I'm diabetic, well it does not spike anything in me. And it's natural. They crystallize the drink.

It's amazing.

I'm into sprouting. I discovered this 2 years ago and now I grow my own salads on my kitchen shelf. I grow broccoli, radish and fenugreek sprouts.

Love them.

I credit my father, who taught me to love salads.

Anyway, sorry to go off track about this stuff. But I will say one more thing. When I first learned about the benefits of sprouting, I read one really important thing. It's great for people with irritable bowel and other stomach related ailments. I don't do grains myself. I don't sprout wheatberries, or kamut or other grains like many of my sprouting friends do. I just do microgreens.

It's a really neat hobby that I found at my YOUNG age!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote