View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Don't force yourself into activity as soon as you feel decent. I know it can drive you crazy to sit inside the house, but there's no point in rushing into things if it leaves you feeling worse than before.

I was an extremely active 19 year old athlete and when I wake up feeling decent I tend to think I can conquer the world.. I usually push myself beyond my limits also, which leaves me feeling miserable.

My advice is when you finally have energy, cherish it, but don't act on it.. What's the point of increasing activity if the end result is backwards progress? It's been hard for me to put limits on myself but I just remind myself that my top priority is to get better and let my brain heal. Every time your symptoms are exacerbated, think of it as your brain telling you that it simply can't handle what you're putting it through. Give yourself a solid week of rest.. see where that takes you.

Baby steps!! Play card games or board games with family members, read (as much as you can handle), paint, organize some old photos, or take up a hobby you've always wanted to try. Hope this helps!! I'm 19 and currently living the lifestyle of a 90 year old.. but it's worth it! I've made tons of progress and hopefully you will too. Just remind yourself that there's no point in rushing into things.. Your main responsibility should be to get YOURSELF back, and the more you listen to your brain, the quicker that will happen.
Kelly50179 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote