View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
I have very similar symptoms as you and I have counted at least 7 concussions, 7 times my head has been bonked or jostled and the symptoms got worse, since the original concussion 2 years ago.

My theory is that a brain sits in a nice stable environment surrounded on top by jello like stuff. If you have ever played with jello with lots of gelatin in it, you know it is pretty stable stuff until you break it. After that the jello can never "heal" completely, it is always weakened and next time you jostle the jello it breaks even more.

So, if the jello around our brains has been broken seriously once, never again will it be the same and depending on how much gelatin was in there to begin with and how bad the break was the first time is what effects how quickly we recover and how easily we become re-injured.

This is just my way of thinking about it, I am a junior in college and my first concussion was freshman year. I have been determined to show myself and my family and friends that I can still live life and can still get through college. My grades went down significantly, I am always tired and sick, I can't do allot of stuff my friends want me to do, but I am learning to live again.

I am a stronger person because of the way I have pushed myself far beyond what I thought I could do. I know myself better than I would have otherwise, and I have some awesome friends who don't mind watching movies instead of hiking or who don't mind a quiet atmosphere instead of a dance club/bar...

Sure life has changed, sure it really stinks to have PCS, but I have learned tons. While I wouldn't do it all over again, since I don't have a choice, I am trying to take it for all it is worth.

Good Luck to All!
Margarite
Thank you for your positive view on PCS! I try hard myself to think the way you are!
rydellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote