View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile B6 pyridoxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie33 View Post
Dear Mrs. D,

I am excited to be a member of this board. I find your information on vitamins and supplements to be very valuable. I'm truly amazed at how learned you are, and so willing to help others, thank you for that.

About 6 months ago, I read something about too much B6 causing neuropathy so I stopped taking B complex and my multivitamin because it also contained B6. In the B category I was only taking sublingual B12 and Benfotiamine (B1). I don't understand everything that's posted here but I think I should start taking my multi again with 3mg of B6 because the burning pain from my neuropathy seems to have gotten worse. I will go for blood work and check my B6 and zinc (zinc was low at one time). Should I take the P5P along with my multi or should I get a B complex?

I spoke with you in another forum about aspirin which I discontinued and will now heed your advice about taking Alka Seltzer with aspirin. My neuropathy is idiopathic, and I truly believe it could be caused by vitamin deficiences. Thank you sooo much for your expertise and your time.....Rosie xo
Hi Rosie, I had neuropathy severely last year and didn't know what to do. Doctors just say all test results were fine. However, the neurologist called and informed me that my B6 was elevated and to stop taking supplemental vits. Any how, to make story short, I stopped my centrum vits, vegetable juicing. I realize as months went by that I was getting too much vits from my veg. juicing that my clotting factors were elevated. So now I'm watching what I'm eating. I still don't take my centrum vit. only my calcium w/ Vit.D and eat very little veg. especially the dark green veg. The burning sensation on my extremities eventually went away. Sometimes, I feel a mild pain on and off. I make sure I drink plenty of water and balance my meals. good luck and take care. Rainforest
rainforest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rosie33 (04-21-2011)