View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear of your struggles. It has been 20 months for me since I had my latest concussion.

I was in full post concussion for about 14 months before my symptoms started to subside somewhat. The fogginess reduced but I still deal with the headaches, dizziness, insomnia, sensitivity to light/sound, confusion etc. This is also after having many concussions in my life, from sports, car accidents or just accidents.

But, that is not to say that this is what you will face. I am just saying I have said those very words so many times. I did that until someone told me to stop looking for someone to answer a question that there is no answer to, to instead practice patience and realize that your brain will need time to heal.

Stressing over how long it will take and feeling frustrated won't help things heal faster, it will just leave you feeling more frustrated. Your brain needs time and stillness - as do you. There are many amazing posts on this site that will help you, Mark is a wealth of information.

Just try to be gentle with yourself, it may not last long and unfortunately not many doctors know a lot about PCS.

Post any questions you have, and I am sure that you will find that there are many caring, supportive and knowledgable people here for you. People who have experienced what you are going through and will support you or just be there if you need to vent.

Be well
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (03-25-2011), Grady Lady (03-27-2011), Theta Z (10-12-2012)