View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffer928 View Post
Hi. I've never done this before.... has anyone with ON had a nerve stimulator implanted? My husband suffered dibilitating pain for 2 years before he was finally diagnosed with ON 1 1/2 yrs ago. Last Sept, after exhausting every other treatment option, he had the periphial nerve stimulator implanted. It worked perfect! for the first 2 months after surgery he had NO PAIN!

Then it stopped working. The doctor said to "wait it out" that sometimes this happens. Now my husband is bed-ridden again, suffering from pain so intense that even the maximum dose of oral painkillers doesn't even touch the pain. Now a pain management doctor is talking about a spinal cord stimulator. I don't know what to do. Between running our business, the house, the kids and his medical management I don't have a brain left to make any more decisions. Never mind the fact that there isn't any more money to pay for anything. Our insurance didn't pay for the stimulator, we had to cover that out-of-pocket.

I guess I needed to vent, and to find out who else out there was struggling with these issues. If anyway has had a SCS for ON, I would love to know your thoughts.
I do hope you are still posting, I have many questions for anyone who has experience with a cervical NS. If you are still around would you let us know?

I hope things have worked out for your husband.
Bipley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote