Thread: ACDF Surgery
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my experience

HI, while you are waiting to make up your mind on what to do, I would recommend a very good book. "treat your own neck" by robin mc kensies. I have neck pain with numbness down my arm and have improved it greatly with this book, doing all the prescribed exercises slowly. over the last months. the book is not a general exercises book, but specifically for neck pain. I am also doing isometrics neck exercises to strenghten my neck and back. it seems to me that all the people who get neck surgery don't get such good result, and then you loose a lot of motion. anyway everybody has different opinion, I guess If I was contemplating surgery I would go for the newer minimally invasive surgery, and no fusion anywhere.
cheers virginie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC1977 View Post
Alrighty...I''m here because I went to the doctors about two months ago for a stiff neck. Two days later I had severe weakness in my right arm. Back to the doctor, several tests later turns out I have a herniated disc C4-5 could be more so the doc says. What I want to know is if anyone has received a similar diagnosis and put off the surgery for any extended period for any reason. Any input would help greatly.
swimwithmanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote