View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi leesa...sorry it took a while to respond to you....i do not blame the doctors as i had 3 NS consultations and i don't feel i was misled and noone made any promises about how i would feel after the surgery.....it has now been 6 weeks and i would say that my symptoms are exactly the same as they were before surgery...the pain is exhausting and i'm not sure what to do next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Hi ~ The doctor SHOULD have told you that PAIN is NEVER a reason to have surgery. Most often, surgery will NOT relieve your pain. Many times you'll have the same pain or worse after surgery. Surgery only corrects mechanical problems, but never pain. The people who get pain relief are just plain lucky -- it is NOT the norm.

If your doctor didn't tell you this, then SHAME ON HIM. To lead a patient on like this is bad medicine. They just want to get you in the operating room. Perhaps he forgot??? I doubt it. This makes me so mad -- so many doctors don't tell their patients that their pain probably won't be relieved.

I'm sorry you didn't get any relief. My doc didn't tell me either, and I've had severe sciatica for 26 years. What a crock. Best of luck and let us know how your doctor's appt. comes out, will you? God bless. hugs, Lee
luckysharms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote