View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

i choose organic as often as possible. We tend to grow our own veggies here, and I get meat/eggs and so forth from the farm next door. They make their own butter, and yogurt and stuff there too. yes, it can be more money, but I have chosen to remove so many chemicals from my diet. No more HFCS or MSG or guar gum and artificial flavors. We use alot of honey, and or maple syrup for baking as maple syrup is plentiful around here as is local honey. I will use beet sugar or cane sugar, but avoid at all cost artificial sweetners.

now when I go out, or eat at a friends house I am amazed at the difference. My raw eggs are a deep yellow with rich color. Their store bought eggs are pale, light blush yellow. I get double yolks constantly here. The flavor is amazing. I grow my own herbs and dry them or use fresh.

As for the cost, I guess its less expensive than the pharmacy, but it really makes you think. I see some of the pale chickens in the grocery store and I wonder what they fed them. I know the chickens personally that land on our table. I know who feeds them, and what their diet is. Same for the cows. I rarely eat pork, but when i do, I know which pig it was from. it took a while to get used to this type of living, but now that I am here, I wouldnt go back.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (05-28-2011), Lara (05-26-2011)