View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default soo many questions!

Okay, my first question is this, if i start the modified atkins diet to control my seizures, will I have to be on it forever?? If so, what happens if i go off of the diet, i mean trying to think realistically, being in college i've got my whole life ahead of me, first and foremost being seizure free would be great. Right now I take keppra to control my seizures and its worked pretty well. I have a grand-mal seizure only once every 2 years or so (i'm extremely fortunate) But mine are very SLEEP related. If I don't get enough sleep, I most definitely have a seizure, most would thing simple- and yes I've got it much easier than a lot of people with epilepsy. However this has lead me into extreme anxiety, restlessness, my doctor put me on sleeping pills, and they help- but I want to be off medication completely. So i guess what i'm trying to get at is, if i start this thing and I see that it's working, will I be able to ease my way back eventually into "healthy eating" not just watching my carbs, AND if i start this, and i'm out for a night with friends, will I be able to.. eat cake at a birthday party or... hot chocolate occasionally in the winter? or have I got to be strict to this thing forever?

Sorry for all the questions please let me know asap!
honeygirl4ever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote