View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie View Post
I found this post through searching the internet and have a couple of questions:

Can someone with a b 12 serum level of 550 experience symptoms?
I am a vegetarian and over the last year or two year I have been tired (kind of zoned out like my body is disconnected from my brain), muscle twitches, stiff neck and shoulders, vibrating/tingling in my hands, nervous easily)

In the beginning of November after a very stressful time in October I began to have stomach problems (nausea, burning stomach, burping, throat tightness). The doctor diagnosed me with gerd. I tried to explain that I had never had stomach problems in my life. He prescribed prilosec, but it did not do me any good. I was then tested for h. pylori but that came back negative. Additional blood work showed that I was not anemic or diabetic. My MCV is at 94 (I looked back at old blood work and it looks like my MCV is something that continues to go up). During this same time, I also began to have bad nightmares where I sit straight up and/or, breathing heavy, heart racing absolutely in a state of panic.

Out of desperation after coming across an article that mentioned GI problems with b12 def. I asked to be tested this month. I was told the 550 was normal. Now for my second question in regard to the test. Because my stomach has been so bad, my diet has changed drastically (starting in Nov). I began drinking more milk, eating chicken noodle soup 3 to 4 times a week (trying to avoid the chicken, but I know I am eating some of it), eating 3 or so slices of multi-grain bread fortified with b12 during the day because my stomach worse when it is empty.) Could this change in diet, have affected the blood test results since it does not reflect my state at the time when all of these symptoms developed?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, My name is Melody. your B-12 level is TOO low. Mine is 2000. Doctors do not know anything about nutrition. They practice medicine.

I can only advise you on the one way of eating that benefited my life. I turned to sprouting. Go on the internet and google "benefit of sprouting".

You're a vegetarian so you are perfect for this food. It is GREAT for people with sensitive stomachs. I sprout broccoli (no gas by the way), alfalfa, fenugreek and radish sprouts).

I have zero gerd, stomach problems. I go to the bathroom every day. It's the best thing I ever did.

Stop with the chicken noodle soup. Stop with anything processed.

You want to put live, good stuff in your body.

That is however if you are SERIOUS about your health.

I was and I am.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote