View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Perhaps using a warm water therapeutic pool at your local YMCA or fitness center to dunk your whole body in would help you feel a bit better while cleaning you a little at the same time? I know clorine in your hair is not the same as shampoo and conditioner! But I'm wondering if a therapy pool might help you out? The water has to be in the mid-90's, don't try the regular pool. it will heat you all the way through and may calm some of your pain down. I found a pool at our City's recreational center and it was a godsend for weeks when I was flaring really badly.

when my RSD spread into my neck I needed to be REALLY careful with how I bent it or I would wind up with a migraine at 3 am. I sleep with a foam memory pillow that has a ridge to keep my neck straight. When I go to the dentist or periodontist I use a special pillow so my neck is not bent back. when I go to the hairdresser's we roll up some towels so my neck stays as straight as possible -those sinks are brutal on the cervical spine!! and when my PM doc did my blocks he started to leave my straight because I would get such horrible migraines afterwards. he claimed I had a nice skinny neck that he could still work with even if it wasn't tilted backwards...

I also use a heating pad, Lidocaine patches, Flector when I can't use Lidocaine, Voltaren gel on my scalp when my head hurts a lot, and I take Topamax (200 mg) and Fiorcet for head pain. when the migraines are really bad I use Frova, which is a triptan.

I hope this helps you, I learned some of this from this board, some from my old PT, and some from personal experience....xoxox. Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote