View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen B View Post
Wow, thank you for the link. That was an excellent video. I have read liturature on people still having an MVD even when the MRI does not show a compression. Now after seeing that video I wonder whether I should press for an MVD instead of a rhizotomy.

Has anyone had an MVD without a clear compression on their MRI? Any opinions on MVD vs rhizotomy?
I had a MVD 9 weeks ago without a clear compression on my MRI. I am only 22 and am finally pain free for the first time in 3 years. I highly suggest getting the MVD.. I am not sure what the rhizotomy is but my neurosurgeon was explaining to me that he will only ever do the MVD because if anything damages the nerve the MVD wont work (assuming you need the MVD bc your last treatment didnt work) .. I highly suggest getting the MVD.. honestly the best decision I have ever made in my life & no matter how long of a road recovery was (took up until 2 weeks ago 7 weeks post op to feel fully normal again) I would never change it. I'm not sure where you live but I highly recommend Dr. Raymond Sekula who is now working at UPMC in Erie PA (used to be working at allegheny general hospital in pittsburgh pa).
sadie324 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote