View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much!! yes, these are the injections my PM doctor and I will be discussing on Tuesday. The lidoderm/Lidocaine patches have not helped in addition to making my whole body itch! I tried Lyrica, but it made my vision very blurred. I am on Cymbalta 120 mg a day, but find no change in pain with this either. I do not take narcotics for fear of addiction, BUT, I am reconsidering. I am very fearful of needles, especially in this instance, but at this point I think I would be willing to try it. I know I must sound like a nut case for fear of this and that, believe it or not, I have always been a strong person, but with time and pain, it is slowly withering down. I know I cannot conquer this alone, so I am ready to try new things and hopefully someday find some positive results. I know it will never go away, but any relief would probably feel 100% better.

How far apart are your injections? you said you just had your 4th of 8. My PM doctor is an anesthesiologist so I would hope she is good at this. If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to need these for your right arm? My CRPS is I am guessing from 10 bilateral hand/thumb surgeries. So yea, fix the pain only to end up with new pain! I think the hardest for me now is adjusting to life with this and also my limitations with my hands. My thumbs are fused, so they do not bend and that makes it hard to tie shoes, button pants, zipper etc. I am thankful that at least I am painfully functional as opposed to others who have it worse.

Thanks for your great info, that is just what i needed, a personal play by play!!
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote