View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi, Dr. Goldfarb just returned our call.

She wasn't sure if we gave her the go-ahead for the IVIG.(I distinctly remember leaving her office and she said "I'll go ahead and do this through your insurance, I'll handle everything".

Did I say this to her? Of course not. I simply said "Whatever you think is best, do you think IVIG is indicated and she said "Oh for Alan, absolutely, and I said "are there very many serious side effects?" and she goes.

"every single treatment plan has some side effects, from the serious to the very mild. In IVIG, the most serious side effect can be a stroke but in all my professional experience I have never had that happen. That is why we put Alan in the hospital so we can monitor the iffusion rate, and if all goes well, from that time on, he an do home infusion."

So here I am going "oh my god, he could have stroke"???

I politely thanked her and she said she would be contacting my insurance. I made it perfectly clear that we can't pay any kind of co-pay for this expensive thing and she completely understood and said "don't worry, it's all covered by your insurance".

So I told Alan THE WHOLE CONVERSATION. I said it was up to him to decide to proceed, that she was setting the whole thing up and exactly what she said about the side effects. Alan simply said "Let's go for it, I'm in God' hands".

So there you have it.

When this happens, I'll update everybody!!!

I was so nervous after hearing all of this, I took my self around the corner to my beauty parlor and got my hair done. They only charge $10 for senior citizens and I walked in saying: "I'm not officially a senior citizen but I'll be 60 years old in 6 months and I need a break today. They just laughed and said "No problem". and I got a nice haircut for $10.00.

Now honestly, where in New York can you get a nice haircut, blow-out and stuff for $10.00? NO WHERE!!! except around the corner from me!!!!!

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote