View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I posted here that I started at 2.5grams a day and worked up to 10, which I didn't like, and then dropped down to 7.5grams which is where I stayed.

I don't feel comfortable in those high ranges--- the people who use it that way, commonly, are body builders who are putting on alot of muscle weight would would mean more muscle metabolism stress.

The link in my ribose thread contains a study, about whether ribose can cause elevated blood sugars. Since many here are possibly insulin resistant at least or prediabetic or impaired glucose tolerance and maybe some diabetic I don't feel comfortable giving advice in really high ranges without the research behind it to explain effects on blood glucose.

One gram a day, is not very much for this supplement. But over time it might still lead to some small improvements. Ribose is not common in our food chain.

When one purchases the d-ribose powder, (not capsules), it typically comes with a scoop. 10 grams/ teaspoonful. This supplement is meant to be taken by the gram.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nervous (03-21-2011)