View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomecb View Post
Thanks! It has been 5 weeks now, still having some twinges. My doctor is going to wait to even talk about taking me off of any medicine until I see him again in 3 weeks! I am trying to stay positive, but sometimes it is hard!
How are you doing post op? I hope it works for you, you are so young to be dealing with this horrible condition!
I'm doing great post op! 9 weeks now & off all medicine & pain free! I had a few scary moments throughout this 9 weeks.. the first week I experienced the worst headache I ever had which caused me to be nauseated & later found out that it was my brain swelling so I was put on a steroid to fix that .. a week later it happened again & i was put on a steroid again. I also had minor headaches up until a few weeks ago & was very nervous something might have gone wrong, but fortunately they went away! The only other scare I had was an incision string coming out of my head but in the end they ended up snipping it.. I guess that incision string shows you how long recovery really does take because my dissolvable stitches hadn't even dissolved yet!! I am now experiencing a little burning sensation on my teeth which could be a sign of atypical TN but going into the MVD we were not sure if I had typical or atypical because my symptoms were all over the place. The mvd cured the major pain I was in & I couldn't be happier .. this burning is nothing I can't handle! I know it gets hard & I even felt sort of sad during the recovery but you have to look at it like you just had a major brain surgery done & your body is trying to react to this foreign object (the teflon) in it! My doctor was very iffy about doing the surgery because of my young age saying that young people don't get TN & he didn't know if the surgery would work so being young in this case had its disadvantages against me because most people thought that it was odd for being so young. Hope your having a pain free day!
sadie324 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote