View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi ginnie....thx for the response!!....it is great to hear that your second surgery worked for you!....it seems that almost everyone on here has had a discectomy rather than a corpectomy and it's nice to know someone eventually had success with it (although i fully realize that all of us are unique with our own particular type of pathology)...i am somewhat curious if you ever had symptoms that are similar to mine (pain radiating into arm(s) and ankles/feet along with numbness/tingling and tremors/twitching)....also, whether it was explained to you why the second surgery worked while the first one didn't and what was done differently?....ie. did they simply start with one/two levels and then move onto 4 levels at the second?...any other info would be greatly appreciated!!....my NS did tell me that it is still quite early and that re-myelination of the affected nerves takes time and i may notice improvement up to 9 months or more after surgery....anyways, all the best to you in your recovery
luckysharms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote