View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, my intention here was to provide some positivity here for those of you still experiencing symptoms. However, symptoms have little to do with the severity of the initial concussion. So these coma patients may indeed have less symptoms than you do.

Mark: Many of these people are able to get back to their sports and work lives. Though they may not be exactly who they were before, they consider it pretty close to "normal". In other words, they feel their recovery is complete. I do feel many people on this board will find normalcy like these miracle stories have.

However, often the location of the injury is what makes one concussion easier than another. Injury to the prefrontal lobe heals better than injury to the temporal lobes. Temporal lobe/occipital injuries, because of their proximity to the ear, cause more physical symptoms (you can hear them) and often involve loss of sleep for that reason.

Take these stories as positivity boosters, and don't let your parade be rained on. You are allowed to have hope. Reality can be full recovery. It doesn't have to be "accept who I am now because this is how I will always be".

Now fully healed from my post-conussion syndrome, I can say if I had had no hope at the time of my recovery, things would be different. I look back now and wish I could have told that girl then she would get better fully!
carmell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aireyden (03-21-2011), ConcussedJ (04-23-2011), Soccergal (03-21-2011)